Wednesday, April 2, 2008

How it is to be evaluated by others in simulated teaching..

Being evaluated by other people can make us feel nervous. As during the simulated teaching, i do feel nervous even though had done quite a number of presentations before. This happens because i dont feel comfortable in front of a crowd of people. However, in this class, i do appreciate my friends who evaleated me during my simulated teaching. The comments that they are given really makes me realize my strengths and weaknesses. Some of the comments that i received a lot is complaining about my voice. They said that they can't really hear my voice. So, I have to work hard on it. Overall, being evaluated by my peers really inspire me to do better in the next presentation. It helps me a lot in developing my skills.

2 comments:

nurshaznisamsuri said...

Hi,Lis! I agree with you that being evaluated by others can make you feel nervous. It's like going to the Tesl interview all over again! Like you, I also received the same comments from our friends. They said that my voice is too soft. Those who are seating at the back row can hardly hear my voice! In doing simulated teaching, you also have to consider about the extract and the exercises that you use. You have to make sure that they are all related to each other. Not to forget, you have to be an example to your students. Other than that, you have to keep calm and utter your words clearly so that the students can understand what you are saying. All in all, the comments that everyone gave do inspire you (and me) to become a better teacher.

Nadya Che said...

Hi, there! yup micro teaching can sometime turn me upside down. the thing i worried the most will be my language. Grammar especially. I can be standing in front of the class not knowing what i should do next just because i do not know what will i say or what should i say. preparing the activity took me some time so that i can be well-prepared. I agree with shazni saying that all the exercises should be related from next stage to the other.