Wednesday, April 2, 2008

How to evaluate others in micro-teaching

During the micro-teaching, we were given the opportunity to evaluate our peers. It is so exciting because I feel like I’m the lecturer. It is a good idea because we will pay attention to the lesson because we need to take note what are the strengths and weaknesses of our peers, then comment them. These comments will help them to recognize their own weaknesses and strengths, thus they can improve themselves. As the evaluator, we should be honest and learn how to comment in a soft way, without hurting their heart. It is not really easy job! Overall, I do enjoy evaluating my peers and I think it is very good if we are given to evaluate our peers everytime there is presentation.

1 comment:

Limeacid said...

Hi there...
Yup I agreed with what you said about evaluating others without hurting them. Some people they are sensitive with our remarks and comments. Perhaps because they view us as friend. Friends should not say bad comments to other friends. But the truth is, we just want to best for our friends. I myself also enjoys evaluating my colleagues in their simulated teaching as I enjoy they evaluate mine. Personally, I think I would learn better as I also received a personal thought from my friends about the way of my teaching. Thanks a lot dear friends for your comments.